Monday, July 16, 2012

My First Word

Ok, I have been saying real words for a while but how boring is that?  I have invented my first custom word: Numma.  It is for a very important thing.  I love num nums, which are tasty snacks.  If mom says we're having num nums, I climb into my chair at the table.  Then we geedo (pray), and I will bow my head and hold Daddy's hand while he prays.  Of course I love Mama, since she gives me hugs and milk.  So Numma is the word I use to ask for her to nurse me.

I now say the word "Car" quite clearly.  I love the lizards in the neighborhood, but have trouble saying their name.  I also try to say "playground", but even though it sounds right in my head, it comes out more like "dub dum".  Mom seems to know what I mean.  When I want to get in the swing, I say "wee!"  I kinda say "slide" now too (sounds like "sigh").

Reading is becoming a favorite passtime for me.  If mom asks me if I want to read a book, I will go over to the library bag and choose one or two stories, then sit on the couch.  She reads to me, and I read to her.  I especially love pointing out "the baby" in the story for her.  She always seems astonished at the stuff I can point out if she asks me to, including the fox, banana, cat, book, pillow, and more.

I am learning to be gentle instead of just smacking and grabbing at people.  If you tell me "be gentle" I will open up my hand and stroke softly.  I am also learning not to poke dogs in the face, but to hold out my hand and let them sniff me.  It is rather off-putting for them to lick me, which I find simply uncouth.

Swimming is my new favorite thing.  I love for mom to dunk me under the water and will ask her to do so repeatedly.  I am learning to paddle a bit.

We went to the Cummer Museum for family night.  They have beautiful gardens and a huge area just for people like me (you know short and curious).  After that we ate falafels and hummous then played in Riverside Park.


No comments:

Post a Comment