Friday, September 6, 2013

It's Potty Time

I am two and a half!

Mom came with her jogging stroller and picked me up from school last week.  Haven't been in that thing in a while.  She was breathing funny, musta been having fun.

Last Thursday Mom took off my diaper and let me run around nudies.  Dad put crinkly stuff on the couch and a sheet over it.  Then Mommy's phone made a chiming noise every ten minutes and I had to sit on the potty.  Sometimes things came out of me and Mom and Dad were very excited.  Even the potty sang a song. Sometimes I would get M&Ms, or stickers, or Mom and Dad would dance and clap, or hugs.  Other times when I would pee or poop not on the potty they told me it was okay but they would rather me go in the potty.  By Monday (Labor Day, "no school no work!") Mom was saying it was worth a try but I wasn't quite ready.  I showed her. That very day I started announcing "I have to poop!" or "I have to pee!" and running to the potty on my own.  We went to the Mickey Store (Disney store) at the mall and I picked out a construction kit.  Daddy helped me build a house for Pluto.  Now only one week later I wear undies even on car trips.  Daddy finds that scary for some reason.

I can put on my own keen sandals.  Mom has a matching pair.  I sometimes put them on the wrong feet.  I am learning to put on my own shirt and shorts but not there yet.

I am finding parallels.  Like when Mom points at the grass and says "les herbes" I say "Like my story!" because she reads me "La Chasse a L'Our" (The Bear Hunt) and the family walks through les herbes (the grass).  I am starting to recognise the French words from the book.

Day one of potty training.  We went to the park.  I pooped and peed on DJ's floor.

Mom picked me up at school.

We were gardening.  I wanted a Mickey statue for the garden and Mom wasn't so sure.  So I reminded her that "I poop in the potty".  It worked.

Eating a veggie dog with my Hello Kitty float while going potty.

I love "Poozies" (smoothies) so much that I sing about them.  This one is wild berry from Panera.  Dad had to do a lot of routing stuff on his laptop Thursday morning so we all went out to breakfast together before he went in to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment