Monday, August 26, 2013

Water in your Pocket

I gave my first comment at the Kingdom Hall on Sunday, August 25, 2013.  For the Watchtower study, paragraph nine asked to whom we need to show loyalty.  I raised my hand and brother Glen Wright called out my name with surprise.  I said into the microphone, "Jehovah" but daddy had to repeat it because brother Wright can't hear very well, poor man.

A few nights ago I saved my baby Atlas from grave danger.  We were all sitting down to dinner and that is a time when it's hard to not just start eating, but we have to wait for "geedo" (prayer in Korean).  Mom looked at Atlas in Daddy's arms and said "Oh, I just want to squeeze him a little too hard!"  I sobbed, "Don't squeeze my baby Atlas!  No, Mommy!"

Saturday we went to the library for story time.  I love getting the shakers and singing Skidamarink and John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.  Last night for my two books before sleep I picked "My Daddy is a Giant" and also "My Daddy is a Giant".  Mommy had to read it once in English and Korean line by line, and again in English and French.  I think it's interesting that there are different words for the same thing.

Then we went to the MOSH in the afternoon and played dinosaur games.  My favorite part was the big tree.  I called it my house and designated areas as my tv, my sink, my couch, and my window.  Daddy sat down on a green carpet outside the tree.  I called that my garden, and mom alerted me to the fact that dad was pooping in my garden.  I ran out of my house and pulled Daddy by the hand into the house to wet a wipe in the sink.  "No no, Daddy.  No poop in my garden.  I don't like it.  Need to change your nappy!"

This morning Dad had me up on the bathroom sink while we were getting ready for school and work.  He laughed when I put some water in my shirt pocket for later.  Guess that idea had never occurred to him.

On a walk with Mommy on Friday when I skipped school.  We made a "family" of flowers.  Later played with Parker and Preslie.

In navy and yellow for our Sunday meeting.

Left: My first meeting.  Right: me in the same chair over two years later having a snack.

In matching retro Mickey shirts as we head out to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment