Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Movies, Snakes, and Cupcakes - That's what little girls are made of

I was so well behaved during Baby Atlas' hospital stay.  Unc and Daddy took care of me at home Saturday morning and Saturday night, and we brought my little pokey pokey home Sunday night.  I am so happy he is home.  Last night, Monday, we were walking around the neighborhood after a dinner of tomato soup and grilled cheese, just like a happy family again.  The tomato soup was "not yucky soup, tasty soup" and I finally gave up on a spoon and picked up my bowl and drank it.  

I want to be in the wrapper please.

Holding my baby brother's hand while we both drink mommy milk.

Saw my first movie last weekend, about a really fast snail, Turbo.  I cleaned out two huge buckets of popcorn with very little assistance.

After a light supper of salad, we walked to Los Portales for chips and fried ice cream.  I wanted a sip of mom's green drink but she kept saying it was against the rules and the police would put her in timeout if she gave me any.  Yeah right, just admit you're greed, Ma.

On the way home Daddy caught a snake and let me hold it.  I wasn't even scared.  I like "cakes".

Going to the meeting all matchy matchy with my doll, who I call "my little boots".  This is the dolly I picked off the shelf with Daddy when I was maybe 14 months old.

Now I have a baby to match me at the meetings too!

Even though we ate dinner about one hour before the meeting, I needed a snack.  Then Daddy went inside to comment while I walked in the field with Mom and Atlas.  She asked me who made all the animals and for the first time I clearly replied, "Jehovah God".

Daddy gave me a cupcake.  Mommy put the bib on.  That pretty well sums up their approaches to parenting.

For family worship, Unc came over and practiced the talk he will give this Saturday.  His first public talk will be translated into Korean.  After that, we went for a walk with my binoculars and magnifying glass to take a look at nature and learn about Jehovah.

Making a train out of raisin boxes.

I just love being in the pool with Daddy.  This was taken about 8 hours before we took Atlas to the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment