Monday, April 30, 2012

Chicago - My First Vacation

Day 1 - Lincoln Park.  They don't call it the Windy City for nothin'.  This town is cold.  I had to wear serious clothes like a scarf and hat, even though I went swimming a couple of weeks ago back home.  In the park, some old men were feeding the birds and game mom a roll so I could feed them too.  But most of the time if I saw her throw some bread down, I'd scoop it up and eat it myself. 

Day 1 - Lincoln Park.  Playing in the dirt.  We went to the zoo and the conservatory, but my favorite part was a little dusty patch.

Day 1 - Lincoln Park.  Sharing a rock with Mom.  We saw roaring lions and giraffes with tranq darts in them at the zoo too.
Day 2 - Garfield Conservatory.  So many cool plants inside, and then a huge field outside.  I need a break with Dad on the lawn now and then.



Day 2 - Garfield Conservatory.  I love running free, especially up hills and then back down to challenge my balance.

Day 2 - Navy Pier.  We rode the ferris wheel and had amazing views of the city.

Day 2 - Navy Pier.  Getting sleepy, guys.  I took a nap and woke up at Adams Park, which is a cool local playground.  I learned how to steer using a push toy there, and this is the first time I've ever loved being in a swing.  Mom stood in front while Dad pushed me, and she pretended I was kicking into her and knocking her back, which I think is comedy gold.

Day 3 - Chicago Children's Museum.  I can play the piano.  I am a musical genius!

Day 3 - Chicago Children's Museum.  Dad and I sat here together for over 20 minutes.  I really got the whole concept of a slide today, too.  There was a slide that would make chiming noises as my hiney slid down.  I would get off, run around, climb the steps, then sit down and slide again. 

Day 4 - Millenium Park.  Mom and Dad dared to spend part of one day at the Art Institute, which was not an activity that revolved around me!  Then we went to the Cloud Gate, also known as "the bean".  It was cool and all, but I enjoyed chasing a pigeon.  It was very surprising to me that he didn't stand still for me to touch him.

Day 5 - Shedd Aquarium.  I'm a penguin.

Day 5 - Shedd Aquarium. In addition to learning how to slide, this week I popped out tooth number seven, learned how to open a zippered bag, say "Toot toot!" when I hear a car horn, wave my hands back and forth for windshield wipers, and steer things when I'm pushing them so they don't bump into anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment