Monday, June 4, 2012

My bag of tricks

Mommy left me today.  She is at the airport while I'm fast asleep.  I know what you're thinking, and yes, I am so tech savvy that I blog in my sleep.  She is going to Boston for work and won't be back until tomorrow night!  Dad and I are planning a fun day at the zoo.

My language comprehension is really surging now.  I can point to many body parts if when asked, and if I'm in the mood:
nose
belly
hair
eyes
feet
hiney (Dad's favorite)


I actually say: 
mommy 
daddy 
hi
baby 
ball 
done 
hi 
bye 
shoes 
numnums (when hungry) 
no 
yeah 
up 
m'aider (French for "help me".  I pronounce it d'aider, but it makes Mom and Dad do just about whatever I want, like open some snacks, help me with a door, show me how to use a toy.)
I'm working on thank you.  It sounds like "Dack"

I understand and will point to: 
monkey 
giraffe
dog
hippo

If I feel like it and you ask me, I will:
stamp feet 
clap hands 
nod head (even if you just hum the tune to the song "Nod your head") 
hands up high 
touch your toes 
gimme five

Mom often asks to sniff my feet, and I put them over there for her, even though every stinking time they are, well, stinking.  She says, "Pee yoo!" and almost falls down.  I find this amusing.

I am starting to sing along to songs by singing "do do" and also open up books and run my fingers over the letters and read "do do do".  I recently said "amen" at the end of a prayer, and clap when others do.  I also clap if you say "good job" or the Korean version "jahl han da".

I am starting to enjoy drawing and do so more with my left hand than my right.  Dad says I hold the pencil just like a grown up. 

I will also give kisses if you ask for one, or sometimes just because.  Mom and Dad call them "kisses", but I call them "mm mm".  I give kisses to mommy and daddy and Unc, and also to Aunty Mimi (Jamie) and my sock monkey and baby doll.  I like to give water and food to monkey and say "num num" for him.  After he takes a drink, I say "Ah" for him.

The most exciting ability I have developed is that I can not only open household doors, but the oven door.  Mom doesn't seem as thrilled about this as I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment