Friday, March 22, 2013

I'm a Big Weanee

It's official.  My last time to drink mommy milk was March 13, on a Wednesday, as I fell asleep.  Thursday we drove down to Dunnellon and I was asleep in the car.  Friday we saw Gramma Patty at the hospital and I fell asleep at Uncle Tim (I call him "other one Uncky") and Aunt Nicki's (I call her Mickey Mouse) house without nursing.  I haven't even thought or asked about it in a few days.  Mom is a little sad to be a weaner, but we still snuggle and I hug and kiss her a lot so I think she will be okay.

At the hospital they gave Gramma shots.  I was not happy about this.  The rest of the weekend I insisted that there be "no shots!"  I took felt animal stickers and Gramma and I sat on her bed to put them on sticker boards.  I left some on the hospital room window to cheer her up too.  We got to play in a pretty park by Ocala Regional hospital, with a big merry-go-round. I loved to jump off and push it then climb back on again.  Dad didn't want to let me on it.  He is pretty good at cramping my style.  Mom said I would learn important things about how gravity works even if I bonked my head.  I think that means she is on my side but it is hard to tell for sure.

I spent time with a lot of "Uncky other ones".  Got to see Uncle Mike and Aunt Jeanne, and Uncle Mark too.

My favorite TV show lately is Blues Clues.  I got to sit with Unc and watch it the other day.  He came over last night and I cried for him when he left.  I wish everyone could always stay and play with me and we never had to brush teeth or go to bed.  To wind down at night, I like to lie on my back in the shallow tub water and relax, and to squirt dad with water from a squeaky rubber ducky.  Then mommy usually tells me stories until it all slips away and gets fuzzy.

Taken at New Dimensions Learning Center.  I am transitioning into the 2-year old class now.

This is my portrait.  A serious scholar doesn't smile for pictures.  I held the tiny book Aunt Mickey Mouse gave me (Mom says it's hers, but it's clearly too small for her), which I call my "Pah--choo Pah-choo".

No comments:

Post a Comment